Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: IU
- Favorite song or band: Need to Breathe
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: At the park walking my Maltipoo or Ballroom/Latin dancing
- Favorite food or meal: Beef Stroganoff and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough; it's a toss up!
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Vanilla topped with loads of chocolate syrup
- Best piece of advice I've been given: The grass is not always greener on the other side; it's greener where you water and fertilize it. Above all, lead by example and be kind in everything you do.
- Favorite TV show or movie: Big Bang Theory
- What I wanted to be when I grew up: Ballet Instructor or Optometrist
- Ask me about: Growing up in rural Northern Indiana on a farm, my experiences traveling abroad to various countries, and my bucket list of places to visit.
Jessica S. Finch, O.D.
Dr. Finch provides medical eye care, specializing in disease management with an emphasis on post-operative care for refractive procedures and cataract surgeries. Before beginning the medical optometrist residency she spent a year working as an Ophthalmic Technician and Scribe at John-Kenyon, assisting the doctors in performing medical exam testing and providing pre-and post-op surgery care, and completed a disease externship at John-Kenyon while completing medical school.
A native of LaFontaine, Indiana, Dr. Finch attended the Indiana University School of Optometry where she served as an Associate Instructor and as Secretary of the Optometric Student Association. She is also member of the Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society.
When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Finch can be found dancing (ballroom, Latin, and ballet!), water skiing, or in the park with Maltipoo.