PATIENT RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Bennett & Bloom
Position Overview: The Patient Relations Specialist role will provide service to patients and providers via inbound and outbound calls while scheduling appointments, capturing messages for the clinic staff and providers, and addressing the needs of the patients. The Patient Relations Specialist will be responsible for scheduling patient appointments, escalates patients' health concerns in accordance with guidelines, provides connections to resources for clinical advice and guidance, and navigates complex situations while making sound effective decisions.
Remote after training, must be local to great Louisville KY/Southern Indiana area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are general responsibilities associated with the job and are listed in order of greatest to least amount of time spent on the duties.
- Answers calls for multiple doctors and locations in an efficient and effective manner using standard greetings for opening of call, content of call and closure of call
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and patient focus to make each encounter extraordinary
- Verify and accurately capture patient demographics, insurance, and appropriate medical information
- Schedule appointments using electronic system while following appropriate protocols for clinic/area, including prioritizing patient’s health concerns according to the department’s urgency
- Ensure that patient questions and problems are resolved efficiently, effectively, and expeditiously
- Provide information to patients and callers regarding appointment, date, time, location, clinic guidelines, parking, etc.
- Initiate and complete service recovery as warranted to drive patient loyalty, patient satisfaction, and protect the clinic/patient relationship
- Interview patient/guarantor to obtain complete demographic, clinical, billing, insurance, and financial information
- Create patient charts by entering required information into electronic databases and maintain accurate records
- Relay information to relevant clinic (team) members through the appropriate messaging systems
- Ensure the quality of patient registrations by obtaining thorough and accurate information in a timely and efficient manner
- Follows well established processes to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Follows a well-established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed
- Work cooperatively with the Patient Relations, Referrals, and Clinic Teams to accomplish the goals of the departments
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.