Lifestyle Lens Options
With advances in lens technology, it’s now possible to have intraocular lenses (IOLs) implanted to correct astigmatism and eliminate or lessen the need for bi-focal and reading glasses. These lenses replace the eye’s natural, cloudy lens, which cannot be seen or felt by the patient and becomes a permanent part of the eye.
John-Kenyon Cataract Center offers the latest in implantable lens options. Contact us to learn more about the broad range of options available and to find the best lens for you.
- The TECNIS® Multifocal Lens are designed to provide patients with high-quality near and far vision in any light condition, allowing you to see the both big picture and fine detail.
- Monofocal Aspheric Lenses are designed to provide better contrast sensitivity, or how well you see beyond details on a standard eye chart. John-Kenyon offers the TECNIS® Monofocal IOL, which provides better contrast sensitivity and improves the ability to see in varying light conditions, such as rain, snow, fog, twilight and nighttime darkness.
- Toric IOLs both correct astigmatism and recapture quality distance vision in one step. Until their recent introduction, candidates for IOLs could only have nearsightedness and farsightedness corrected during cataract surgery. Toric IOLs provide the freedom from glasses you’re looking for while correcting astigmatism.
- The AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® Trifocal Intraocular Lens is an artificial lens implant that is used to improve vision after cataract removal in people who also have blurred vision due to an irregularly shaped cornea (corneal astigmatism). The lens works by bending light rays to allow them to focus on the retina (the back surface of the eye) to provide for improved distance (for example, driving, playing golf), intermediate, and near vision.
- The AcrySof® IQ Vivity™ Extended Vision IOL is an artificial lens implant used to focus images clearly onto the back of your eye (retina) to allow clear vision after the cataract removal. The AcrySof® IQ Vivity™ Extended Vision IOL provides clear distance vision (e.g., for watching children playing in the backyard). In addition, the AcrySof® IQ Vivity™ Extended Vision IOL allows for better intermediate (working on a computer, applying makeup or shaving) and some near (reading, knitting) vision compared to what a monofocal IOL would provide. You will get the full benefit of the AcrySof® IQ Vivity™ Extended Vision IOL when it is implanted in both eyes. Please discuss with your eye doctor whether this is the right IOL for you.
Hear from Our Patients
Catie K., LASIK
The morning after having LASIK at John-Kenyon, Catie told Dr. Piracha she should have had the procedure a long time ago. Not even 24 hours later, she was pointing out all the street signs on the way to her follow up appointment.