VISIAN TORIC ICL
The Visian ICL™ (Implantable Collamer® Lens) also referred to as an implantable contact lens is an option for patients who have moderate to severe nearsightedness with or without astigmatism that may not be candidates for laser vision correction such as: LASIK, ASA or SMILE. The ICL is implanted behind the iris and in front of the natural lens, is not visible and is made of Collamer®, a biocompatible material that is designed to function in harmony with the natural eye. This alternative delivers sharp, clear vision with the option of surgical reversibility.
Features of the The Visian ICL™
- Treats moderate to high myopia (nearsightedness) and astigmatism. (up to -15D of myopia and -4D of astigmatism)
- Does not induce dry eye syndrome.
- Sharp, clear vision.
- Excellent night vision.
- Great for those with thin corneas.
- Most people are able to resume daily activities in a few short days after surgery.
- The Collamer® base of the lens material is biocompatible, meaning it is designed to function in harmony with your natural eye.
- UV protection built into the biocompatible lenses.
- Permanent vision correction with no natural tissue removed.
- Removability for your peace of mind. If for the unlikely reason you need or wish to remove, the Visian ICL™ can be removed by your surgeon.
- The Visian ICL™ has been approved in Europe since 1997 and in the U.S. since 2005. In that time, over 700,000 eyes have been implanted by certified, specialized surgeons with a study showing a 99% patient satisfaction rate.