At John-Kenyon, our surgeons are dedicated to using the safest, most effective, and most advanced technology available. To ensure that all John-Kenyon patients receive the same care, we offer LASIK for one all-inclusive fee. And while the upfront cost of LASIK is certainly more than a pair of glasses or an order of contact lenses, cost comparisons show that after 10 years the costs equal out. If you have LASIK at 28, you may not have to wear contacts ever again and only need to start wearing reading glasses like most people do in their 40’s or 50’s.
If you’ve been thinking about having the procedure but are looking for ways to make improving your vision more affordable, here are a few suggestions on how to make it happen in 2017:
- Holiday Bonus or Gift Money: Got a holiday bonus or some gift money burning a hole in your pocket? Use it to give yourself the gift of better vision! It’s tempting to use the money on a new TV, a vacation, or a shopping spree, but LASIK is a gift that’ll keep giving for years and years to come.
- CareCredit Affordable Financing: John-Kenyon has partnered with CareCredit to offer a flexible payment plan for patients interested in having LASIK or other laser vision correction procedures. CareCredit provides convenient payment options so patients can have the treatment and procedures they want and need. It allows the patient to pay over time, often without incurring interest charges. It is ideal for co-payments, deductibles, treatments, and procedures not covered by insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Savings Accounts: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are a great option for those looking to use pre-tax account dollars to pay for medical procedures like LASIK. Flexible Spending Accounts are set up through your employer and must be used by the end of each enrollment year, though some programs may have a short grace period once the year has expired. Health Savings Accounts allow you to spend money on qualified health expenses or medical costs not at all covered by your insurance, like LASIK. There is no deadline for withdrawing funds from an HSA. Unlike FSAs, anyone can set up an HSA. All plans are different – contact your insurance provider for details on eligibility and benefits.
- Accepted Insurance Plans: We accept a variety of insurance providers for patients with medical vision needs. We will work with you and your insurance provider to make the payment process easy and hassle-free. For more information or questions on coverage please contact your insurance agent.
- Tax Refund Dollars: The start of a new year means tax season is rolling around again. If you’re in line for a refund, plan on using that money for LASIK!
Questions? Give us a call at 1.800.DIAL.EYE – we’re happy to answer any questions about the procedure or available financing options! The doctors at the John-Kenyon LASIK Center are nationally recognized experts in laser vision surgery – our namesake, Dr. Maurice John, was one of the first in the nation to perform LASIK and Dr. Piracha is credited with performing the first all laser LASIK surgery in the state in 2003. We’ve helped thousands of people improve their vision, many to 20/20 or better – all at one price! If you’re ready to see the difference in your vision, call Aimee Rodela at 812.704.1688 or click here today to schedule your complimentary evaluation.