Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: Louisville Cardinals
- Favorite song or band: Audioslave
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: Playing Basketball
- Favorite food or meal: Thai Food
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip
- Best piece of advice I've been given: Treat every patient like they were your own sister or brother.
Shiraaz I. Rahman, M.D.
LASER CATARACT AND GLAUCOMA SPECIALIST
Dr. Rahman is a cataract and glaucoma surgeon with advanced fellowship training in glaucoma surgery from Harvard University’s Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. He has experience with both traditional and cutting-edge, minimally-invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS).
He is a native of the Louisville and Southern Indiana area. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Northwestern University along with his Medical Degree from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine as a part of the seven-year Honors Program in Medical Education. Dr. Rahman stayed in Chicago for his Ophthalmology Residency at Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, where he served as chief resident.
His memberships include the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the American Glaucoma Society (AGS), and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).