Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: Louisville Cardinals
- Favorite song or band: Audioslave
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: Playing Basketball
- Favorite food or meal: Thai Food
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip
- Best piece of advice I've been given: Treat every patient like they were your own sister or brother.
Shiraaz I. Rahman, M.D.
Cataract and Glaucoma Surgeon
Dr. Rahman received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Northwestern University along with his Medical Degree from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine as a part of the seven-year Honors Program in Medical Education. Dr. Rahman continued his time in Chicago at Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center for his Ophthalmology Residency where he served as chief resident.
Most recently, Dr. Rahman joins us from Harvard University’s Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary where he completed his Surgical Glaucoma Fellowship. Dr. Rahman has diverse experience from volunteering in Chicago clinics to taking an International Surgical Elective at the Grewal Eye Institute in Chandigarh, India. His memberships include the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and the American Glaucoma Society (AGS).