Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: Boston Celtics
- Favorite song or band: My son-in-law, Will Hoge!
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: The golf course, or tending to my 30 head of cattle
- Favorite food or meal: Ice cream
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Graeter's Black Raspberry
- Best piece of advice I've been given: "Listen to the patient, they're trying to tell you the diagnosis!"
Timothy E. Schmitt, M.D.
Eye Diseases, Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Dr. Timothy Schmitt is one of the most experienced refractive surgeons in the region and is the founder of American Eye Institute. An eye disease, cataract and refractive surgery specialist, Dr. Schmitt has dedicated his career to helping others improve their vision.
An Indiana native, Dr. Schmitt is a graduate of the Indiana University Medical School and the University of Purdue. He interned at St. Vincent’s Hospital and served his residency at Indiana University Medical School. He began practicing in 1980 and was one of the first eye surgeons in the Louisville area to offer LASIK surgery.
When he is not practicing at John-Kenyon, Dr. Schmitt is also a staff member at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services in New Albany. He enjoys spending time with his seven grandsons (crossing his fingers for a granddaughter!) or heading out to the golf course.