Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: University of Kentucky (Don't hold that against me Louisville fans!)
- Favorite song or band: Pink Floyd
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: At Nolin Lake!
- Favorite food or meal: German Chocolate Cake (especially the icing!)
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookie Dough
- Best piece of advice I've been given: "Britt, there are more books in this library than you could read in a lifetime. You can get out of this institution whatever you're willing to put into it." - Otis Singletary
- Ask me about: The time I met Lord Voldemort (aka Ralph Fiennes) in Buenos Aires!
E. Britt Brockman, M.D.
Managing Partner, Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Brockman is one of John-Kenyon’s cataract surgeons as well as its managing partner. He has done over 40,000 cataract procedures and is currently performing more CATALYS® Precision Laser System procedures annually than anyone in the US.
He began his career at John-Kenyon Eye Center and was instrumental in the merger with American Eye Institute. Dr. Brockman received his undergraduate degree in Pharmacy from the University of Kentucky and is a graduate of the University of Louisville School of Medicine and Louisiana State University (LSU), where he did his residency and spent his last two years as Chief Resident. In addition, Dr. Brockman served as a Major in the U.S. Army Reserves, receiving an honorable discharge after a tour in the Gulf War.
A Hodgenville, KY native, Dr. Brockman knows how important access to quality care is in rural areas, so he drives more than 35,000 miles a year throughout Kentucky and Indiana bringing his expertise in eye care to underserved areas.
When he’s not seeing patients you can find him dedicating his time to the University of Kentucky where he serves as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, spending time at the lake, or cheering on the Cats in Lexington. In addition, he is an active volunteer with the Western Galilee Hospital in Israel where he travels to help patients who do not have access to high quality Ophthalmology care.