Rapid Fire Q&A
- Favorite sports team: University of Kentucky (Don't hold that against me Louisville fans!)
- Favorite song or band: Pink Floyd
- If I’m not at work, you’ll find me: At Nolin Lake!
- Favorite food or meal: German Chocolate Cake (especially the icing!)
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookie Dough
- Best piece of advice I've been given: "Britt, there are more books in this library than you could read in a lifetime. You can get out of this institution whatever you're willing to put into it." - Otis Singletary
- Ask me about: The time I met Lord Voldemort (aka Ralph Fiennes) in Buenos Aires!
E. Britt Brockman, M.D.
Dr. Brockman is one of John-Kenyon’s cataract surgeons. He has done over 55,000 cataract procedures and is currently performing more CATALYS® Precision Laser System procedures annually than anyone in the US.
He began his career at John-Kenyon Eye Center and was instrumental in the merger with American Eye Institute. Dr. Brockman received his undergraduate degree in Pharmacy from the University of Kentucky and is a graduate of the University of Louisville School of Medicine and Louisiana State University (LSU), where he did his residency and spent his last two years as Chief Resident. In addition, Dr. Brockman served as a Major in the U.S. Army Reserves, receiving an honorable discharge after a tour in the Gulf War.
A Hodgenville, KY native, Dr. Brockman knows how important access to quality care is in rural areas, so he drives more than 35,000 miles a year throughout Kentucky and Indiana bringing his expertise in eye care to underserved areas. In addition, he volunteered with the Western Galilee Hospital in Israel where he traveled to help patients who did not have access to high quality Ophthalmology care. Dr. Brockman also served on the University of Kentucky’s Board of Trustees for over 12 years, and served as the Chairman of the Board for 8 years.
When he’s not seeing patients you can find him spending time at the lake or cheering on the Cats in Lexington.